Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Finally Made It!
congrats!!!!!
If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning.
Not wanting to take away from RH and her accomplishment of 500 hours, because I know how much time it entails to ride that much!!

No secret RH... I am lucky, or I think Blessed, in that I am able to ride every day with only a few exceptions...and most of the time it is for an average of 2 hours daily. Several 4 day clinics a year with 6 hour days for each and many 3-4 hour trail rides, and there you go. The hardest part is what most of us face, which is finding the time. My kids are out of the house and I have summers off...so I am Blessed with the time to put in the hours.

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Killy, do you have an indoor arena? What keeps me from riding in the winter, is that it is usually dark by the time I get home. Therefore, from November to early March, I don't ride except on weekends. And often not even then! I think two of my horses went for about 4 months this winter without being ridden,and the third went close to 6 months.

It is pitiful; I ride maybe 120 hours a year. Divided between 3 horses, each one gets ridden only 40 hours per year! No wonder they are basically only green-broke, even the 22 year-old.

EZ2SPOT
No indoor arena, and during the winter it gets light at 10am, and then it is dark by 4:30. Arenas that we DO have though, are plowed if the snow gets too deep. The moonlight actually reflects off the snow quite a bit...it's when there is no snow cover that it seems really dark...and then we just wing it or use headlamps Smile

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska