Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Many Good Riding Days Left
But I did get out today. Not many riders out, probably due to the high winds and heavily overcast skies. Also, it was the first weekend for shotgun deer season. So, naturally I was wearing my bright orange hooded sweatshirt and a hunter orange ski cap over my riding helmet. Just love looking like I have a pumpkin on my head, but the hunters can see me.

Didn't see any deer this time either. I don't think they like those strong winds... or the hunters. Seems like I never do see deer during shotgun season. I couldn't help thinking of the wind whipping the trees around like God combing the snarls and tangles out of Mother Earth's hair. Must be the creative writer in me [Smile][Wink].

Anyway, I had another nice day riding in the woods at Salamonie... and hope maybe, just maybe, I can squeeze in a couple more rides before winter comes for real.

My hubby and i went out today as well. Turned out to be a very nice cool day to ride. Was 7 trailers in the horsemans camp and much orange on the riders. Did see a deer close to camp but other than that no wildlife except birds. Where the heck did all the squirrels and others go...it was windy but got to 68 degrees!
I was going to go back to Strawtown, but was deterred by the strong winds we had today. Maybe next weekend! Glad to hear some of you got out to ride!

EZ2SPOT
quote:
Originally posted by garlicbunny

My hubby and i went out today as well. Turned out to be a very nice cool day to ride. Was 7 trailers in the horsemans camp and much orange on the riders. Did see a deer close to camp but other than that no wildlife except birds. Where the heck did all the squirrels and others go...it was windy but got to 68 degrees!

Forgive me for not remembering where you're from, but I'm curious as to where you went riding? Are you in Indiana?

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
quote:
Originally posted by Red Hawk

I couldn't help thinking of the wind whipping the trees around like God combing the snarls and tangles out of Mother Earth's hair. Must be the creative writer in me [Smile][Wink].

That's a great image.

'plash