Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here we go again... hopefully NOT!
Man, you guys are just having a run of bad luck. I'm wishing Shaz well and hoping his recovery continues to go well.

Maybe you get get some neighbor kids or young relatives to go have a "scavenger hunt" around the old barn, with a prize to whoever brings back the most junk? Or rent a metal detector and let them play "archeologist". Good way to get things cleaned up... Smile

'plash
Shaz is coming along OK so far. He was having a little more drainage than they would like, but it seems to be slacking off now. He is off the IV antibiotics and is just on oral now. He got his stitches out and was supposed to come home Wednesday, but they decided they wanted to watch him a couple more days. Adam is going up to Purdue tomorrow to bring him home. He will be on strict stall rest for 2 weeks, then an hour at a time out in a round pen. Then will move him to a small dry lot, and so on. Will probably be a good while before he can be ridden again. Like joint surgery in people, it will take a while to come back from this, but so far, so good. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A man’s soul can’t be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

I'm so glad to hear he seems to be healing well, even though it will be a while before he can be ridden!

Almost afraid to ask, but did something happen to OZ?

EZ2SPOT
Thanks for the update! Shaz seems to be progressing well and I sure hope he continues in that direction for everyone's sake.

Please keep us posted.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by hmeyer

Shaz is coming along OK so far. He was having a little more drainage than they would like, but it seems to be slacking off now. He is off the IV antibiotics and is just on oral now. He got his stitches out and was supposed to come home Wednesday, but they decided they wanted to watch him a couple more days. Adam is going up to Purdue tomorrow to bring him home. He will be on strict stall rest for 2 weeks, then an hour at a time out in a round pen. Then will move him to a small dry lot, and so on. Will probably be a good while before he can be ridden again. Like joint surgery in people, it will take a while to come back from this, but so far, so good. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the update. Hope things are still progressing well.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
quote:
Originally posted by EZ2SPOT

Almost afraid to ask, but did something happen to OZ?

EZ2SPOT

Vicki, no, Oz is fine. He is, however, a little miffed that his vacation is over. Deb has now pressed him back into service and has ridden him the last two weeks in lessons. He's doing fine. She got Shaz because Oz does have some quirks when it comes to trail riding, etc, like not wanting to walk over dark spots in the dirt, jumping over logs, balking at bridges, etc. His unpredictability had kinda shaken her confidence. Shaz is very steady on the trail and sensible. Ironically, it was Shaz she was riding when she got hurt though! But we must give him credit for hanging in there pretty good. When all was done and Adam untacked him back at camp he even had bees under his saddle blanket!
"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A man’s soul can’t be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Relief to hear that Oz is fine!

Wow, bees under the saddle pad! I'd think ANY horse would have tried to get away from that. Shaz sounds like a winner, and I'm sure Deb will be happy when he is able to be ridden again.

EZ2SPOT