Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squirts
Baby seems to have some really soft stool anything I can give her.
It is to cold to wash her any suggestions on getting it outta her tail and off her legs? I don't want her to get sores![confused2
Mrs. Hook where are you and your advice?
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Sorry Beth Ann. I don't check the forum regularly anymore.

Not to scare you, but you have to watch babies carefully if they get the diarrhea, because they can go downhill really quickly.

So, with that out of the way, it probably is from a change of feed, water and living accommodations. She could also be full of worms. Make sure that she is drinking lots and doesn't get dehydrated. You know how to do the pinch test of the skin, don't you to check?

I used to give my babies Pepto Bismal. 20 cc at a time and usually 3 or 4 times a day. I also got yogurt that was live culture and gave them 60cc after the Pepto. If they looked happy and healthy but still having problems I would get a bottle of acidophilus (in the fridge at the health food store) and open about 6 capsules and stir them in with the yogurt. This just adds lots and lots of the good bacteria into their stomachs. I used to call this the yummies and yuckies. Pepto is the yucky, the yogurt is the yummy.

For her bum, wipe it down with a warm wet towel, and smear either Vaseline on it or zinc oxide. (baby rash cream) I used the zinc oxide, Vaseline is a petroleum product and I don't think it has a place with animals or people. I wouldn't worry about her legs and tail until you get the mess cleaned up, but if her tail is really bad, take a bucket of warm water, stick her tail in it and swish it around then sop up the water with a towel.

If you want to talk to me, pm me your phone number and I can call you. We have a plan that its free to talk.

After I get this dog groomed I will send # in the meantime , I wormed her with ivomec today because I thought of that to.
She won't eat my grain but is eating hay and drinking well.
I have pepto tablets but will go get the liquid and some yogurt tomorrow.I am going to the health food store either tomorrow or monday and will pick up the acidophilus then just in case.
I have zinc oxide and when I get off work tomorrow we will do a butt cleaning and wipe her down. I have not seen her poo today, got home kinda late and we don't have electric to the barn so just fed, didn't feel like there was any newer poo on her legs.
Thanks as always for your help.
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader