Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Under Saddle!
Joe is weighing under 1200lbs now and seems to be feeling really good now. He was just reset on Monday and Jeremy says his hooves are coming along well. The damaged hoof growing out now and is about an inch down from the coronary band.

Since we've been home from our trip, I've been putting his muzzle on & turning him out during the day. Hubby calls him Hannibal Lector! [:I] He's been trotting & cantering to the barn when it's supper time and looks sound so I decided to saddle up and ride him.

We did a 30 minute walk through the woods on Wednesday and today did an hour around the farm with a couple of short trots along the way. I didn't feel any difference in his gait! [Big Grin]
Wonderful!!! Hope that means we will be seeing you on the trails again!

EZ2SPOT
Great news! What a relief for you...and Joe too. Having a sick horse is no fun.
Yee HAA!!!!!! We shall ride again!! I go to the dr this week too see if the bone has healed so should be cleared soon to ride, lick creek here we come!!
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
That is great news. Give Joe a hug for me.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson