Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mammoth Cave
Hey all! We were going to go to Hocking Hills October 20th, but have found that we are too late to make reservations. Same thing at High Knob in Shawnee. So, we have made reservations at Mammoth Cave Horse Camp. Anybody been there? Can you give me some info about the trails and the campground?
I think Appygirl (Darlene) has ridden there several times. She's not on the forum much anymore but you might send her an email through the board & ask.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
I've camped at both Double J and Mammoth Cave Horse Camp. I really like Mammoth Cave Horse Camp...great sites, wonderful barn (altho it's a bit of a hike from the campsites), fun obstacle course, trails begin just out the back of camp, great shower facilities.....can you tell I really like it?

Kevin, the owner, gives you a good map and will go over the length and difficulty of the trails with you. Trails are very well marked and interesting. If you have a short day you can ride to the little homestyle local restaurant and have lunch. Great homecooking.

As for the barn being a distance from the sites,we walked down, led horses back, and tacked up at our trailers. Then after riding we led them back. To feed in mornings or nites, if we were tired we drove to the barn.

It's a great place with great trails. You'll love it!
If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning.