Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stumbling horse UPDATE9-8-11
OK according to the vet tech, it sounds like EPM and the vet doesen't do the testing at it is pricey and not that reliable.The treatment is a powder applied to the food for 3 months with results generally seen in 5-6 weeks.It is gonna cost $110.00 a month but if I have to I can make payments! I pick up my first bucket on thursday as it has to be ordered!There is another lady locally that has a horse that just started treatment also. They said they have had really good sucess with this, so now we wait.I will keep everyone updated as to how Gotone is doin'.Thanks for the support!
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Beth,

I'm sorry to hear of Gotone's problem. But I have a friend who's mare got EPM about 9 years ago. She was treated, recovered and is fine and being ridden regularly.

Positive thoughts & prayers going for her.
Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
I, also, know of a horse that had EPM, and made a full recovery. She was treated with Marquis, I believe. She went on to show in the AQHA hunter-jumper classes, and did great!

EZ2SPOT
It helps to know others have had full recoveries!
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Beth, has the vet come to examine Gotone yet? I would at least have the vet out for an examination before starting her on a treatment plan. Just my two cents worth.
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

No but me and him talked for a long time today about everything and her exact problems.He said he felt sure that this is what is her problem and the treatment would not hurt her even if it wasen't the problem. The test are more expensive than the treatment and if there is no improvement in 6 weeks he would want to talk again then. It isn't something easily seen in an exam until it is further advanced. She does step on her hooves in the rear when longingin either direction just not often unless on a hill.It really confuses her when this happens but she just twitches her ears around like who done that! He also said he could take my money if I really wanted him to see her but it wasen't needed at this time.
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

I'm glad you had this indepth conversation with him, and I'm glad he is looking out for your and Gotone's best interests! Hugs, prayers, and positive vibes that the treatment will make the different for Gotone!
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

I think my vet is pretty good and he has never steered me wrong yet!
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Farrier was here on thursday and trimmed the girls.I didn't see any marks on Gotone's hooves where she had been stepping on them. This was a first and there have been no more new marks for the last couple of days! This is a great sign and right along with the time frame the vet had said to start looking for improvement.
I have been working on getting her to shed out and she will be a really light roan this year! Very pretty!
BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Glad Gotone is improving. Good work
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson