Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horse Harness, English Saddle, & Show Halter
I have a brest strap type show harness for sale. All leather, like new. Used lightly for one show season. It has some patent leather on it with red piping on the bridle and saddle. I haven't looked at it for awhile and will dig it out of storage soon. Asking $500.

I also have a Courbette English hunter/jumper saddle (made in Switzerland) for sale. It's in excellent shape and comes with the stirrup leathers, stirrups, and a neoprene English girth. I can't remember the seat size, but I fit a 15" western saddle, and it's comfortable for me. Has knee rolls for a more secure seat. Asking $500.

And lastly, I have a silver show halter. All leather with many adjustable straps. So it should fit almost any mature horse. The silver pieces are rectangular in shape. Comes with leather lead with chain. Asking $100. (SOLD)

All three items are in great shape and just sitting around collecting dust. Give them a little sprucing and they are ready for the show ring or everyday use.

Any reasonable offer will be taken under consideration.

Harness and Saddle are still for sale as of 1/15/2011.
Just to let everyone know; The show halter is a Circle Y and it shined up real nice when I cleaned it up last night. I'll try and post pics in the next day or two of all the items[Smile][Wink].
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
I can't believe how long it's taken for photobucket to let me post pics, but here they are.

First are pics of the Show Halter:

[Image: 100_0454.jpg]

[Image: 100_0455.jpg]

And here are a handful of pics of the English Saddle. It's a 17" seat, by the way[Smile][Wink]:

[Image: 100_0456.jpg]

[Image: 100_0457.jpg]

[Image: 100_0458.jpg]

This last pic is of the saddle's manufacturer's mark:

[Image: 100_0459.jpg]

As anyone can see these items are in good shape and a steal for the price. Don't miss out on a great deal[dude]!
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Just wanted to let everyone know that the show halter has been sold. The lady was very pleased with it, and I'm just glad it's being used and not sitting around anymore.

I still have the Courbette huntseat saddle and the show harness for sale. All are priced to sell.

A sidenote for those that may not know, but a 17" seat in an English saddle is the equivalent of a 15" seat in a western [Wink].

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown
Just an update that the saddle and show harness are still for sale.
Any takers?

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown
I do need a harness but not a show one. Now there are two horses that are ground driving well here but no harness or cart for them. I just wanted to say that I love your saddle stand in the photos! You need some horses painted on the mail box.
What make is the harness? Did you buy it used or new? Is there rolled patent leather on the breast strap? Are the blinkers patent leather? Do you have any pictures?
quote:
Originally posted by snerland

What make is the harness? Did you buy it used or new? Is there rolled patent leather on the breast strap? Are the blinkers patent leather? Do you have any pictures?

I'm not sure of the make. I bought it new at Troyer's Saddlery in Shipshewana, IN. It's possible that it was made locally [confused2.

None of the patent leather is rolled, though the traces are rolled leather. There is patent leather on the breast strap, the blinker's, the brow band, the cavasson, and the saddle.

Yes, I do have pics, but it can be troublesome to post them. It takes time I don't have through the week. I'll see what I can do this weekend. I have a lot on my plate right now in my private life. Please be patient, and I'll try to get back with you. I really do want to sell this harness, and it is in good shape.

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown