Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riding clinic
Hi all, think I told you I was going on a riding clinic last weekend. Well.......
It was brilliant, the guy who was running it Bruce Lawrence, is a wonderful guy, he is Sooooo patient with the horses and the people.

I was so terrified of not getting it right or Molly doing something awful, the adrenalin was really up. Molly has never been anywhere really and certainly not on a busy yard with lots of other horses all over the place, and then into an arena with lots of horses it was quite scary, but apart from the end of one session when the others all went off to get tacked up and I was getting a bit more tuition on 'in hand' work, she went mental when she realised she was the only one, but he calmed her down very quickly and we continued in a normal fashion.

I managed to ride the patterns ok, and her backing up was awesome if I say so myself, some of the other stuff maybe wasn't too pretty but we did it .

I came home absolutely exhausted but so pleased with Molly and myself, I didn't do anything drastically wrong and managed to ride all I was asked.

I can't wait now for the next one at beginning of March

Its taken me 3 days to come back down to earth, boy the adrenalin rush doesn't half make you shattered.

Anyway thats me made a start, so onward and upwards.

Happy trails
annie
Annie, SSOO Glad all went well!! Wish I could get Kylie into one too. Accomplishing something with your 4 legged friend is the best High you can get! LOL Keep up the good work! A & K
Later Bye Bye
Love & Respect your horse & they will do the same for you!
Way to go. Sure puts me in the mood to ride Hookie and get him a bit more conditioned for shows in the spring.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Excellent Annie! That adrenaline rush sure keeps you going for a bit, doesn't it? It sounds like you both did terrific!

'plash
Thanks all, Jinx do you have ANYONE in your area who gives lessons, maybe just a couple might help Kylie.

worth a try. Give her my best wishes

Happy trails
annie
No foot - No horse
Clinics can not only be helpful, but they can be fun, too. Glad you enjoyed yours and came away with greater confidence in your riding ability.
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Hooray for you! I was always worried that my horse would embarass me (or I would embarass myself), but that's usually not the case. Everyone there is usually too focused on their own horse to notice your mistakes anyway! Clinics are wonderfully informative and great confidence builders. What was the best thing you learned?
Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
I think the best thing I learned was that I CAN DO IT even if not expertly, and so can come home and practice, not been able to do anything this week but hoping next week to get going again at least two evenings a week in a nearby indoor school which we can hire by the hour, I am hoping by the time the better weather comes around I will be able to go out and about on Molly, I lost my confidence and haven't been out on the lanes around home for a long time. I'm not frightened to get on her, but because I am inexperienced I feel well if something goes wrong in the school at least I won't have to worry about a loose horse on the road etc etc, but if I am honest think that has been a convenient get out for me, so hope to sort that this year.

My friend has been absolutely brilliant at helping and teaching me I am so fortunate to have this kind of support. Have also booked up for the next clinic in March.
take care all

Happy trails
annie
No foot - No horse