Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fencing
quote:
Originally posted by Colleen

Looks just like the fence in the picture but white but the 2 x 6's are in a roll(plastic I guess) that attach to the posts. When I see it again I will try and get a picture.

We have a few places with this type of fencing around here. Our horse club has this around their ring. It has been up now about 10-12 years. Next time we are passing by we will take a picture. It does sag a bit and needs to be retightened periodically and the white isn't white like when it was first installed. More like a dirty grey white, but the overall effect is still nice and safe.

A friend did her fences with that same type of thing but in chocolate brown. Looks really nice. I'm not sure how the brown will stand up to the sun, whether it fades to a dirty color or just stays dark. I'll have to pay attention and let you know.
Hi Colleen, Your land is very picturesque. Looks like it will make a lovely homestead.
Regarding fencing, stay away from barbed wire and any wire fencing that your horse could stick its foot thru and get caught. We removed acres of the old cattle fencing on our farm that had about 5 inch square wire openings. Our vet had a horse in the clinic who had stuck his foot thru this type of fence, got his shoe caught and pulled off his hoof trying to escape. He survived, grew back a new hoof, although deformed, but cannot be ridden. If you must use wire fencing, the kind with the small triangles works pretty well. Also put plastic caps on any t-posts you use in fencing to prevent impalement.
Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Oh Nancy that is so sad, no wire fencing like that is going to be used here,thanks for the info.

I would like to know do horses jump>? would they jump a fence?
Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb