Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Oral Larvicide...
#11

Just wondering, does this apply to those pink donut shaped things that you can put in water to get rid of mosquito larve also? I saw these advertised in a magazine, it claimed that it was completely organic and wouldn't harm humans or pets. Don't remember what they were called.
A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

Reply
#12
quote:
Originally posted by Montezrider

Just wondering, does this apply to those pink donut shaped things that you can put in water to get rid of mosquito larve also? I saw these advertised in a magazine, it claimed that it was completely organic and wouldn't harm humans or pets. Don't remember what they were called.


The larvicide rings I've seen contain a bacteria that infects and kills the larva in the water - they're not a chemical agent, so it's a different game.
AE
________________________
I'm so busy, I'm not sure if I found a rope or lost my horse.
Reply
#13
As AE said those donuts contain a bacteria (Bacillus thuringiensis v. israelensis) not a pesticide. Commonly called Mosquito Dunks although I'm sure there are other names.

Tested quite thoroughly, approved for use in water troughs and are very specific as to what pests they kill. Not toxic to humans, mammals, fish, birds. Some reports of skin/eye irritations but generally considered very safe. Nothings 100% but lets put it this way.... putting one of these in your horses water trough poses less of a risk than the fly sprays that we cover our horses with! And the risk of West Nile for that matter. As always follow the label![Smile]
<'\__~
_(( // ====

Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)