Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get a horse, find fulfillment
In the three months I've had my horse, my entire life has changed. It is so much better indeed! Never had I realized how awesome ANY day could be by taking a ride on my steed to feel the summer breeze on my face; to feel the coolness of a shady glade; to glide to the top of a hill and watch the sun set with my dog alongside. Actually, my dog goes everywhere we do - my horse sees her as a sign of comfort and they are inseparable. Never did I think a horse was the PERFECT solution in learning how to relax. If I don't relax, he makes sure I know it! Never could I have imagined breaking my hand in a freaky riding accident would allow us wonderful quality time to bond, to build trust, to build a strong team foundation. Wow! I am the fateful day I spontaneously decided my "someday" I was gonna get a horse was the instant I bought Newt. He has taught me patience, perserverence, forgiveness, encouragement, challenges, achievements, love. Life. Being one with a horse just can't be described in words. One's soul can never truly be awakened until they have owned a horse.
Right?
I think one has to truly bond with a horse to really understand the connection. It may only happen once in a lifetime, if you are very lucky twice, and is truly a life altering experience.

Thanks for sharing.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson