Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need lots of advise
Flopper,
What you said makes good sense and my brain is saying you are absolutely right but my heart, which has gotten me into more messes than you can shake a stick at, says that I would feel awful if I sold her to someone that did not take care of her.
Annette
Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~Author Unknown
quote:
Originally posted by High Pocket

but my heart, which has gotten me into more messes than you can shake a stick at, says...
That's why I've stuck it out with Max. Not a rational decision probably, but hope it works...
He's a pretty good horse - if I can learn to ride him right.
"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A man’s soul can’t be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

quote:
Originally posted by High Pocket

Flopper,
What you said makes good sense and my brain is saying you are absolutely right but my heart, which has gotten me into more messes than you can shake a stick at, says that I would feel awful if I sold her to someone that did not take care of her.

I know what you mean, and I totally understand When I sold Vern (my young gelding) it was a very sad day...and I made sure the new owners would be good owners...talked to them a lot, visited their farm, etc. What I do know is that I have bonded even more with my new horse (Maggie) because I have no fear of her, she makes riding a pleasure, I do more things with her (like team penning) and I feel like she has been a great teacher to me. I found out that liking a horse is not always a good reason to keep them. You want a horse that is right for you and that you can really feel confident riding--that's when the REAL bonding takes place, IMO. I'm not trying to convince you to sell your horse, I just wanted you to have the perspective of someone who did make the hard decision to get rid of a horse I really, really liked...and have had it actually work out for the better and now have a horse I absolutely LOVE!!! And on top of that, Vern got a new owner who was much better for HIM, too!![clap] (They could teach him the things I couldn't). I didn't know at the time if I was making the right decision, but now, looking back, it was absolutely the right thing to do, and I would make the same decision all over again without hesitation.
Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Thank you all for your input and I am really glad that I did decide to post. You all are very nice and made me feel very welcomed. I truly don't know what to do. I have decided to go to a horse show this weekend and see if maybe I can find a trainer or someone that may want Dixie. Things have a way of working out one way or the other.
Annette
Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~Author Unknown