Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi-Grey is lame!
quote:
Originally posted by Red Hawk

[quote]Originally posted by appygirl

Hi-Grey is all better . . . Yay! Thanks for everyone's insight. RH, he is a great guy, in't he? lol So much personality.

Oh, here's a giggle for y'all. Picked up Hi-Grey's Coggins papers this morning and the gal who did the test gave up on trying to get all of Hi-Grey's markings drawn in. Now I wonder why she threw in the towel? lol

Yaaaaay[clap][clap][clap]!!! Glad to hear Hi-Grey's okay[^]!

I honestly think Appaloosa coat patterns drive vets crazy when they have to describe a horse's coat color and markings[Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]! I had a coggins done on Terra this year just in case I can make it to Shawnee in June (Don't think I'll get to go, now. I may be visiting my sis in CT in July[Wink].). Anyway, Terra was still shedding out when the vet was here, and her coat has been roaning a little more each year. The dark spots on her back are much more visible this year. But, anyway, he asked me what color I would say Terra is, and I told him dark brown[Smile]. From a distance and at a quick glance she still looks more solid than roan, but she is definitely changing. I think in another year or two, she may be a dark red roan with varnish marks.
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
I think Hi-Grey sprouts a new spot here or there every year. Wish I could have seen him as a foal. One of the local farriers saw him when he was younger and he says he has gotten a little more color to him now.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

quote:
Originally posted by appygirl

Hi-Grey is all better . . . Yay! Thanks for everyone's insight. RH, he is a great guy, in't he? lol So much personality.

Great to hear it.
Lesson learned for all of us. Don't put off the farrier too long. The angle change is not a good thing and causes pain and discomfort to the horse.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Great news, Darlene!! I've been gone for almost a week and hoped when I got back that I'd read that HG was better. We've got to plan a ride once winter is over. [Wink]

My hubby went to Boston on business for a few days & I tagged along. It was cold and rainy and while I had a good time, I couldn't wait to get home where it's supposed to be sunny and warm. WELL...it's NOT! It's cold and rainy here too. [Sad]
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
PG, I sure wish I'd have known that -- I could have met you in Boston for lunch (45 minutes away). Hope you had a good time and got to see some of the city!
Carol
OH SHOOT!!

I didn't realize you were so close to Boston! We stayed at the Millenium and could see Faneuil Hall from the window of our room. I was able to take the trolley tour one day and had a great guide then took the subway to Copley Plaza and toured Trinity Church and the library. We also did a dinner cruise that was supposed to have gone by some of the islands and light houses but the weather was so bad, we hugged the shore and went up & down the coast for 3 hours! We also walked through the Italian section and saw Paul Revere's house and the Old North Church and maybe more impressively...Mike's Pastries. OMG!! Talk about some great food! Good thing that all the calories and fat are taken out of food one eats while on vaca. [Wink]
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Awww, too bad, Paint! I don't know the city that well and am always willing to take a trolley ride, sometimes the tour guides can be a riot. If you stayed near Fanieul Hall, I HOPE you got to Quincy Market (right there with Fanieul Hall). It's long buildings filled with shops. The center building has little kiosk after kiosk on each side of it, the whole length of the building, all under a glassed in atrium type affair (like a patio extension except LONG). And inside that long building is a zillion little food concessions, one after the other on both sides of the walkway. There's a Greek concession that has Mousaka that I always try to get, and a pastry shop at the end near one of the doors that has all sorts of puff pastry/cream filled thingies, huge gigantic bagels, huge gigantic cinammon rolls, pretty much everything. The little outside kiosks often have some interesting stuff (along, of course, with the usual array of team, university and other T shirts, souvenier things, etc.) The surrounding long buildings with the shops in them have everything from Talbots and more high end stores down to a whole little shop dedicated to pig anythings and another one dedicated to left handed people.

The trolley tours are great, Copley Plaza is fun and a shopper could go broke there.

If you come again, be sure to let me know!
Carol
Sounds like you had a good trip, PG, albeit a little damp and cool. It's cold and wet here in KY today. I'm hoping it warms up soon cause I've got a couple of rides planned.
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader