Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash's baby - Horse TV
Flash's baby adds a new dimension to this horse TV. Thought i was finished with it when flash foals, bu it's still hooked up and I am now watching Baby Horse TV.

He is very active and demanding. Drinks milk, does trots and laps of the stall, has nap. Mom lays down too. within short time, baby is back up and is hungry.

Now the good part, Baby wants more food, Mom is laying down sleeping, whats a hungry guy to do. Nudges mom, no response, nudges again, after several increasingly rude nudges, does Mom get up? Oh No, she moves her upper back leg for baby to get access to her udder and Baby drinks milk with Flash still laying down. Now that's cute to see.

LOL!! Mama Flash is a smart gal. How many hours a day do you watch Horse TV? [Wink]

I have a friend that was thinking about putting a cam in his barn to watch his mare but didn't know how far he could transmit. The barn is metal & sits probably 200 yards from the house. Do you think it would work?

Shelby is one of my riding buds and is anxiously awaiting a mule baby!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
LOL.....that should be on the Planet's Funniest Animals! You could be $10,000 richer!

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

LOL!! Mama Flash is a smart gal. How many hours a day do you watch Horse TV? [Wink]

I have a friend that was thinking about putting a cam in his barn to watch his mare but didn't know how far he could transmit. The barn is metal & sits probably 200 yards from the house. Do you think it would work?

Shelby is one of my riding buds and is anxiously awaiting a mule baby!

I can see the TV from the Kitchen table which is where I have my laptop. Just can't resist watching the little guy in the stall playing.

Our barn is a metal barn but is only about 100 feet from the house. Our camera is one of the cheaper security monitors from Sears with a advertised range of 300 feet. The camera is about 30 feet down the aisle further away from the house. I have the monitor situated in the living room as close to the barn as I can which seems to work for me. If I move the monitor further from the wall the reception starts to fade. I have the monitor hooked up to a VCR that hooks up to a larger TV. I also bought a wireless gadget from radio shack to send the signals to another TV in the bedroom for night time monitoring.

I don't think my set-up would go 200 yards. There are barn foaling cameras available that would work but are quite expensive.

I would love to see pictures of a baby Mule.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Hey, PG, tell Shelby mares sometimes carry mule babies longer than horse foals. When is she due?
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader