Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mama Flash Foaling Pictures
With Chuck's permission I have attached a link to PhotoBucket where I have posted a series of Pictures of Flash during her foaling on March 25.

It starts out with a view of her udder with wax and progresses through the emergence of the foal with two feet and nose showing. Has some decent shots of as the foaling progresses as well as a good shoot of the umbilical cord and the separate sack and placenta. No blood or anything but quite explicit. Please make sure you take a look before you share it with your children.

The Water broke about 3:25 and the foals head and shoulders were out and he was breathing on his own by 3:38.

By 5:30 he was able to stand and suck milk from his mom.

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/ef...0Pictures/

Wow, terrific photos! Cute little guy...you must be so proud!

I once saw a mare foal...got to be one of the most exciting things ever witnessed. [8D]
TERRIFIC photos, Hook! Thanks for sharing! Does the wee-guy have a name yet?
-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletramp

TERRIFIC photos, Hook! Thanks for sharing! Does the wee-guy have a name yet?

Mrs. Hook has claimed the right to name him. We can only offer suggestions, all of which will be carefully consideredSmile

Flash Back Fax is bred to AQHA Champion, Superior Western Pleasure horse, Skip Zan Parr (who happens to be Profit's Dad). She is Jet black with a small white blaze and some white on her back foot. Mrs. Hook was hoping for a "Champion Black Filly".

Perhaps "Just A Champion" or "Skips Zan Flash", " Just the Fax" ......
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Here he is the next morning, not quite 18 hours old

[Image: IMG_3808.jpg]
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
In Mrs. Hook's quest for a filly:

Back To Fax One
Fax Me Another

He is quite a looker!
-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
For those who are interested here is a link to a few more pictures of Flash's foal.

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/ef...%20060325/
Hook(ed)......on Horses

Awesome, awesome awesome!!!![Big Grin] How about "Fast Fax"? or " Fax and you will receive" or "Skip the Fax"???
<'\__~
_(( // ====

Hook, he is a good looking little guy!! Thank you for sharing your absolutely amazing pictures of his arrival! You are so fortunate to have captured it all on film! Keep more pictures coming, ok?
Great photos! I am looking forward to my mare's foaling this week. I hope to get photos as good as these, keeping my fingers crossed it will be tonight or tomorrow. Or at least this week lol, he is a beauty, and I like the name Fax Me Another since she did want a filly it seems appropriate, but the other name was good too. Congrats!
Dixidoe