Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bees again!
I may have to add bees as my pets! Beautiful day yesterday, fjordy-ing up Jake's mane and big buzzing noise....cloud of gazillion bees coming my way!! No time to move horses, I high tailed it upwind and watched them pass by going east. WHEW...didn't bother the horses at all!

Resumed my beautician role, 10 minutes later, a NEW cloud of bees! Moved all the horses down to the arena...these guys decided to hang out and swarm on an Acacia tree the others passed over...problem is the tree is about 20 ft. from the horses! Took them about an hour to gather up to a cluster. Cluster is basket ball size.
[Image: 000_0467.jpg]

Called the beekeeper, he says the should be just resting and go away in 1-2 days, and shouldn't bother the horses. Scouts should be out looking for a new home. I sure hope so!!! Leery with them so close to the horses.
Wow! Don't think I've ever seen a cloud of bees. Are these regular honey bees, or are the americanized african version? Nice pic of them.

So the bee keeper didn't want to come out and get these?

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

YIKES! I hope they move on soon!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
I'm sure the beekeeper would LOVE to come get them...to the tune of $325!! Still here.....last one European honey bees and not aggressive like the Africans. These don't seem to be either.
Awsome pic, bet ya used a whole lot of zoooom for that one.[cool1]
Keeping The Kids In a Saddle and Out of Trouble
Giddyup
"Holy Moly I'll Buy What They're Selling" LJD (Get A Little Mud On The Tires)

[url="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pAL83zDwQmy92yrTMg4xpPg"]Morgan's riding log[/url]