Daily Equine Forums
Mama Flash is due to Foal March 12 - Printable Version

+- Daily Equine Forums (https://www.dailyequine.com)
+-- Forum: Creative, fun and entertaining (https://www.dailyequine.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Saddle Shop Corral (https://www.dailyequine.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Mama Flash is due to Foal March 12 (/showthread.php?tid=2970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- Hook - 03-23-2006

5:00 PM and very little change!!.

- appygirl - 03-23-2006

Oops! My fingers are dyslexic! lol

- PaintHorses - 03-24-2006

I just hope my mare isn't baking hers too long, the size of the horses on both pedigrees are huge, the stallions maturing to 16 and over and the mares are 15 and up.

When I count my Blessings, I count my horse twice

- Hook - 03-24-2006

Day 352 - Still no baby. Poor Flash, I think she wants to get this over soon, I know I do.

More restless early evening yesterday, hourly TV check through the night she settled down and alternated between standing and laying down. I am now thinking late today or in the wee hours of Saturday morning. Her last foal was just before midnight, at 345 days.

- Hook - 03-25-2006

quote:
Originally posted by Hook

Day 352 - Still no baby. Poor Flash, I think she wants to get this over soon, I know I do.

More restless early evening yesterday, hourly TV check through the night she settled down and alternated between standing and laying down. I am now thinking late today or in the wee hours of Saturday morning. Her last foal was just before midnight, at 345 days.

Day 353 - Still no baby.
Got home from work yesterday and Mrs. hook had me go directly to the stall. Flash had wax on her nipples that had developed in the period between the noon feeding and the 5:00 one.

8:00 to the barn for night chores, Took camera to the barn to be prepared. No change.

Mrs. Hook goes to bed and I get to work the first Horse TV shift to Midnight. Flash is restless but no real change.

Midnight Mrs. Hook takes over and I go to bed.

4:00 Am Mrs. Hook comes to bed, Flash has settled down to sleep. TV on in the bedroom. I wake up 4 or five times and about 5:30 I am up for the day.

Timer lights kick on bout 5:45 so we can see more clearly. There is a 25 watt bulb in her stall so we can see her on the camera.

6:00 AM - fresh muffins on the counter but still no baby. Flash standing in stall dozing. Two inches of soft fluffy snow on the ground with more gently falling. I think (hope) today will be the day.

Mmm Muffins are good.

- Parrothead - 03-25-2006

This is just as suspenseful as when I was pregnant... I haven't been "talking" much, but this thread is the first one I check.

What kind of muffins?

- paintedbliss - 03-25-2006

I think she will go tomorrow, say at 4am. She must be getting tired of carrying that big baby around.

- Hook - 03-25-2006

quote:
Originally posted by Parrothead

This is just as suspenseful as when I was pregnant... I haven't been "talking" much, but this thread is the first one I check.

What kind of muffins?

One is a bran / carrot raisin type and the other is Banana Oatmeal. of course I have sampled both. Maybe This waiting has some benefits.

Flashes nipples are fuller, lots of "wax" , milk is beginning to be opaque. I still think sometime late today.

- Hook - 03-25-2006

FINALLY MAMA FLASH FOALED TODAY
Sorrel colt 42" tall. Labour started just before 3:30 this afternoon. Baby was born in less than 10 minutes. Every thing complete, baby pooped, sucked and was learning to trot. Back in the house by 5:30. Both Mom & baby are doing fine.

I have lots of pictures and we did manage to catch the whole thing on tape from the stall camera.
Downloading the pictures now and I will post a few when the download is complete.

- Rick Byers - 03-26-2006

Congrats Hook. Glad it is finally over and the new baby is on the ground. PICTURES PLEASE
Rick