Daily Equine Forums
Mama Flash is due to Foal March 12 - Printable Version

+- Daily Equine Forums (https://www.dailyequine.com)
+-- Forum: Creative, fun and entertaining (https://www.dailyequine.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Saddle Shop Corral (https://www.dailyequine.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Mama Flash is due to Foal March 12 (/showthread.php?tid=2970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- appygirl - 03-12-2006

Anticipation......anticipation is keeping you waiting......is keeping you
way-yay-yay-iting.....(set to the tune of the Heinz ketchup commercial) lol

- Hook - 03-12-2006

quote:
Originally posted by appygirl

Anticipation......anticipation is keeping you waiting......is keeping you
way-yay-yay-iting.....(set to the tune of the Heinz ketchup commercial) lol

You said it. Not bad though as I can watch her on the TV from the kitchen table.

- appygirl - 03-12-2006

Beats the heck out of sleeping in a cold barn on a cot and getting sick with bronchitis! (Been there, done that!)

- Hook - 03-18-2006

quote:
Originally posted by Hook

Flash Back Fax is bred to AQHA Champion, Superior Western Pleasure horse, Skip Zan Parr (who happens to be Profit's Dad). She is Jet black with a small white blaze and some white on her back foot. Mrs. Hook is hoping for a "Champion Black Filly".

She specifically asked the Stallion owner to sort the semen and only ship the nice girly pink ones and take out all the nasty blue boy ones so the filly part is guaranteed. Don't know about the Black, but I find her in the barn regularly, chanting to Flash - Champion Black FILLY, Champion BLACK Filly, CHAMPION BLACK FILLY ........

Stall Camera is up and bought a new gadget to show the picture on the big TV, one in the bedroom and two small monitors. The gadget uses the VCR to process the signal from the camera so I am hoping if things go right we may be able to record the blessed event.

I think I am really, really addicted to horses. ( HAA , may need some help)

It is now March 18 and this Horse TV is just starting to change the plot. Pretty boring all week on this 24 hour channel. Flash eating, Flash laying down, Flash getting up, Flash pooping .....
BUT still no baby.

She was getting more restless over night , nipples are almost full, milk is still clear but definite signs of some progress (hope, hope, hope)this morning.
May have that CHAMPION BLACK FILLY for Mrs hook this week end. Her last foal was about a week overdue.

- appygirl - 03-18-2006

You do know we expect all kinds of pictures when that champion black filly is born, don't ya? Perhaps you should hook up the DVD recorder to it and record the birth! You might want to get in touch with Niellsen about the show. ;o)

- Hook - 03-19-2006

Day 347. ( 7 days over average
No Baby yet!!!!
Foal appears to be repositioning itself ( tummy has changed from wide to deep and more pointy in her abdomen)and nipples are almost fully engorged but milk is still clear amber.

- appygirl - 03-19-2006

Is the dock of her tail all spongey and hollow? Any waxing on her teats? She likes baking those babies a little extra, doesn't she? I bet they are nice-sized foals when born.

- Hook - 03-19-2006

quote:
Originally posted by appygirl

Is the dock of her tail all spongey and hollow? Any waxing on her teats? She likes baking those babies a little extra, doesn't she? I bet they are nice-sized foals when born.

Area beside her tail in upper hips is soft, no wax, just clear fluid. Mrs. Hook says she is just baking the baby a little more to make sure it is black. Her two year old, Promise, now 15-3 was 40" when she was borne and was 345 days. Nothing more this afternoon.

- sbower - 03-20-2006

I just know it's going to be my birthday present![Big Grin] The 23rd, Hook, the 23rd.......[clap]

- EZ2SPOT - 03-20-2006

Well, if it comes the 23rd, it can be my dad's birthday present, too, LOL! Just send it here, Hook!

EZ2SPOT